woensdag 1 juli 2009

SHAPE it!

Students Akademie Mode & Design Dusseldorf

Frequently, the word “shape” denotes constriction -- the feeling of being captured, handcuffed or in a cage. However, this is not the case on Arnhem's streets today. Giving people the opportunity to think freely, helping them to express their thoughts (with a piece of wire) and encouraging them to give it a form (in two minutes): you might be surprised what creative shapes turn out.

Glasses shaped by Peter, 53
“Unfortunately I forgot my glasses today. That’s a pity because it made it hard for me to watch the exhibition.”


Shamrock shaped by Silvie, 16
“I am writing exams on Monday so my shape for next week is a shamrock.”

Heart shaped by Antje, 21
“The world needs more love.”

Question mark shaped by Tony, 24
“I don’t know. I like all shapes.”

Scissors shaped by Bene, 38
“I am a designer and with my scissors I can create all kinds of shapes.”


X shaped by Anni, 26
“Today I am wearing an x-shaped outfit – it’s one of my favourites. That’s why I decided to create an x.”

Figurine shaped by Annik, 23
“I am studying fashion design and on my figurine I can drape different shapes with all kinds of fabric.”


Helix shaped by Björn, 40
“To me a helix symbolises vividness and life. It is like a water stream: continually flowing. I'm exactly the same: unable to stop moving.”

Curl shaped by Jorsen, 35
“To me, it’s art".